2017, Alex Calder, alternative, Alvvays, Arcade Fire, artist, band, Beach House, Blue Hawaii, Bully, Canada, Chad VanGaalen, CHUO FM, Dance, electronica, Empress Of, Faith Healer, folk, Frankie Rose, Giant Hand, Group, Heaven for Real, indie, Katie Von Schleicher, Land Of Talk, Metz, Music, Music Video, Musicians, Ottawa, Partner, pop, punk, Purity Ring, Radio, Rock, Said The Whale, singer, Surfer Blood, The Belle Game, UK, USA
2017, alternative, Alvvays, Amber Coffman, BadBadNotGood, band, Blue Hawaii, Canada, Charlotte Day Wilson, CHUO FM, Crystal Eyes, Dance, electronica, Empress Of, Exit Someone, Experimental, Fake Palms, FEVERS, folk, Four Tet, Giant Hand, Group, Heaven for Real, indie, Jessie Ware, Kedr Livanskiy, Luka, Metz, Music, Music Video, Musicians, Ottawa, Partner, Perfume Genius, pop, Purity Ring, Radio, Rock, Slack Bridges, Sparklesaurus, Telecomo, Tess Roby, The Belle Game, The Dirty Projectors, The XX, UK, USA, Yukon Blonde
I was away last week due to being in Seattle.
Have a listen to No Filter for July 31, 2017.
Have a listen to No Filter for July 31, 2017.
- Tess Roby – Ballad 5 / Glimpse
- Exit Someone – Forbidden Colours from Dry Your Eyes / Absent Lovers
- Luka – I Count the Years
- Fake Palms – Glass Walls
- Alvvays – Dreams Tonite
- Crystal Eyes – The Female Imagination
- Slack Bridges – In The Drought
- Sparklesaurus – So Right
- Heaven for Real – Known Steps in Directions Unknown
- BBNG – In Your Eyes (Nosaj Remix)
- Partner – Sex Object
- Empress of – Go To Hell
- Telecomo – Long Gone
- Top 5 Songs of the Week
- Perfume Genius – Otherside
- Yukon Blonde – Crazy
- Jessie Ware – Midnight
- Amber Coffman – If You Want My Heart
- Dirty Projector – Little Bubble
- Kedr Livanskiy – Love & Cigarettes
- The xx – A Violent Noise (Four Tet Remix)
- Giant Hand – Key on a String
(Sandy) Alex G, 2017, Agent Blå, alternative, Austra, band, Best of 2017, Bill Plaskett, Bonnie Doon, Boyhood, Broken Social Scene, Cadence Weapon, Canada, Century Palm, CFCF, Charly Bliss, Colin Stetson, Dance, Diet Cig, Dirty Projectors, electronica, Experimental, Feist, Fleet Foxes, folk, Girlpool, Gorillaz, Group, HOAN, Hollerado, Homeshake, indie, Japandroids, Jay Som, Jean-Michel Blais, Jenn Grant, Joel Plaskett, Jon McKiel, Kelly Lee Owens, Kid Koala, Land Of Talk, LCD Soundsystem, Leif Vollebekk, Lydia Ainsworth, Mac DeMarco, Mount Eerie, Mouse on the Keys, Mozart's Sister, Music, Music Video, Musicians, Nathan Fake, New Swears, Ottawa, Partner, Peeling, Perfume Genius, pop, Prairie Cat, punk, Rock, Slowdive, The Luyas, The Rural Alberta Advantage, The XX, Tim Darcy, Timber Timbre, Tops, UK, USA, You'll Never Get To Heaven
While trying to find whatever music to play on my radio show.
I accidentally found this artist on this site and when I listened to this album.
I was blown away by the music!
This is the British artist Kelly Lee Owens with her self-titled debut album.
Heare is the details:
“An album that bridges the gaps between cavernous techno, spectral pop, and krautrock’s mechanical pulse, the 27 year old Londoner has made a debut album brimming with exploratory wonder, establishing a personal aesthetic that is as beguiling as it is thrillingly familiar.”
With the popularity of EDM from the likes of The xx, Austra and Grimes.
This album is a mix of dreamy electronic sounds to hard-pulse electronic dance beats.
The standout track is Anxi which features Jenny Hval.
I call her the British version of Jessy Lanza, Caribou, Blue Hawaii and Austra mixed into one!
This one of the surprising albums to check out in 2017!
- Anxi feat. Jenny Hval
- Throwing Lines
- Keep Walking
I’d give this album:
OK Valentine’s Day 2017 ended a few days ago.
Listen to the Devault remix of AlunaGeorge‘s Not Above Love.
“The AlunaGeorge remix is definitely something I’m super proud of. It blends my old melody techniques with a new style of production that I have been working on the past 6 months. I fell in love with the original’s lyrics so I gave ‘Not Above Love’ a dark spin that only shed a small light in the original record and it’s a good taste of where my future releases are headed.” – DEVAULT
2017, alternative, Arkells, band, Bill Plaskett, Canada, CHUO FM, Dance, Dirty Projectors, electronica, Elephant Stone, Experimental, Fast Romantics, folk, Group, Heat, Her Harbour, Homeshake, indie, Jacques Greene, Japan, Jesse Hale Moore, Joel Plaskett, Kid Koala, Le Trouble, Leif Vollebekk, Mac DeMarco, Molly Burch, Mouse on the Keys, Music, Music Video, Musicians, Nathan Fake, Ottawa, Podcast, Pony, pop, punk, Radio, Raphaelle Standell-Preston, Rock, Teen Daze, The Luyas, Tim Darcy, Timber Timbre, Torandaga, UK, USA, You'll Never Get To Heaven
So 2017 has started with a big bang with the release of The xx‘s third album called I See You.
I have to say this is a step up from their last album Coexist which felt minimal, spacious and cold.
I See You is the exact opposite which is more upbeat, vibrant and sample driven.
Probably due to Jamie xx who went on his own with 2015’s In Colour (My favorite album that he has produced).
You can tell that parts of In Colour seeped in I See You.
While they can’t achieve the overwhelming success from their debut xx.
This is a great welcome back for the band.
- Say Something Loving
- A Violent Noise
- Brave For You
- On Hold
- I Dare You
I’d give I See You:
/10 Camera flashes!
2017, alternative, Arcade Fire, Austra, band, Bill Plaskett, Canada, CHUO FM, Dance, Dear Criminals, del bel, Dirty Projectors, electronica, Experimental, folk, Goldfrapp, Group, Hannah Georgas, Hollerado, I Give You Power, indie, Jay Som, Jenn Grant, Joel Plaskett, Julie Byrne, Julien Baker, Kilmanjaro, Leif Vollebekk, Mavis Staples, Middle Kids, Mozart's Sister, Music, Music Video, Musicians, Ottawa, Podcast, pop, punk, Radio, Rock, Skye Wallace, Steve Adamyk Band, The Luyas, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Tim Darcy, Timber Timbre, UK, USA
- Hannah Georgas – Needed Me / Waste
- Skye Wallace – Blood Moon
- Mozart’s Sister – Moment 2 Moment
- Arcade Fire feat. Mavis Staples – I Give You Power
- del bel – Do What The Bass Says
- Tim Darcy – Tall Glass of Water
- Dirty Projectors – Up In Hudson
- Joel Plaskett and Bill Plaskett – Jim Jones / Solidarity
- Jenn Grant – Galaxies
- Austra – Gaia
- Steve Adamyk Band – Swallow You Whole
- Top 5 Songs of the week
- Jay Som – The Bus Song
- Julie Byrne – I Live Now as a Singer
- Julien Baker – Funeral Pyre
- Goldfrapp – Anymore
- Kilmanjaro – 15 (The Macochist)
- Dear Criminals – Nelly
- Middle Kids – Never Start
- Hollerado – Born Yesterday
2015, 2017, alternative, band, Canada, Cellphone, Dan Mangan + Blacksmith, Dance, electronica, folk, George The Poet, Group, Hollerado, James Bay, Juan Wauters, Kitty Davis & Lewis, Låpsley, Lowell, Michael Feuerstack, Moss Lime, Music, Music Video, Musicians, Ottawa, pop, punk, Radio, Raury, Recoilers, Rich Aucoin, Rock, show, Shura, Sonny & The Sunsets, Steamers, Stormzy, The Ashleys, Those Gulls, UK, USA, Viet Cong, Will Butler, Women, Years & Years
- More interviews
- More live sessions on the show
- Focus on arts and culture happening in Ottawa
Have a listen to the debut show
- Dan Mangan + Blacksmith – Mouthpiece
- Hollerado – Firefly
- Juan Wauters + Carmelle – Wearing Leather, Wearing Fur
- The Ashleys – Wildtype
- Steamers – Head North
- Cellphone – Greenish Black
- Lowell – Cloud 69
- Those Gulls – The Out
- George The Poet – My Love Is Your Love (#5 on BBC Sound of 2015)
- Raury – God’s Whisper (#4 on BBC Sound of 2015)
- Stormzy – Not That Deep (#3 on BBC Sound of 2015)
- James Bay – Hold Back The River (#2 on BBC Sound of 2015
- Years & Years – Real (#1 on BBC Sound of 2015
- Låpsley – Falling Short/Dancing
- Shura – Indecision
- Sonny & The Sunsets – Cheap Extensions
- Wish – Slacker
- Will Butler – Take My Side
- Kitty, Davis & Lewis – Baby Bye Bye
- Michael Feuerstack – The Devil
- Viet Cong – Silhouettes
- Women – Eyesore
- Moss Lime – Calabria 2014
- Rich Aucoin – City I Love / Four More Years
- Recoilers – Beachfront Resort Vacation