- Chad VanGaalen & Avi Buffalo (w/ 1 less person) @ South Street Seaport (pics) (brooklynvegan.com)
- News in Brief: The Acorn, Twig Harper & Daniel Higgs, Parenthetical Girls, Pop Montreal (pitchfork.com)
- Florence And The Machine Working On Second Album (idiomag.com)
- WestJet’s up! magazine nominated for three Western Magazine Awards (newswire.ca)
- Dustin Reid: Chad VanGaalen Lives Up To Expectations At River To River Festival (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
For my first review.
It will be the debut self-titled album by Women.
Women is 4 male piece band from Alberta and sometimes backing band for Chad Vangaalen.
Their music is a mix of indie pop and alternative.
There is this psychedelic noisy sound or Beach Boys on acid sound when you listen to their lead singer “Black Rice“.
Then we get to the rock sounds in Sag Harbour Bridge and Shaking Hands.
This album has this lo-fi 60s rock alternative sound.
One of those albums you have to listen from beginning to end.
The album is under Flemish Eye Records which is also home to Chad Vangaalen.
Something about the album cover which has this vintage look to it and being shot somewhere in China where alot of women are doing tai-chi.
Overall it is an amazing album and hope big things will happen to them.
BLACK RICE live